Sheer Khurma is an authentic version of vermicelli pudding specially prepared for Eid festivities. ‘Sheer’ is Persian for milk and ‘khurma’ is another word for dates. This Eid recipe is a traditional delicacy which is made differently in different households.
Like any other dish, it’s best when cooked at home and from scratch. And the good news being, it’s not all that tricky either. Try out this hassle free recipe and find for yourself.
Let’s have a look at the recipe –
Preparation Time – 45 minutes
Equipments Used – Pan, Pot, Spatula
Serves – 6-8
- 500 Ml Milk, full cream
- 50 Gram Vermicelli (broken into small pieces), roasted
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Dates, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. dried rose petals
- 1/4 Cup Raisins
- 1/4 Cup Makhana/Fox Nuts
- 1/4 Cup Almonds (cut into pieces), blanched
- 1/4 Cup Pistachios
- 1/4 Cup Ghee
- 1/2 tsp Saffron
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom powder
- Take a pan and pour ghee in it.
- Add almonds, raisins, makhanas/fox nuts and pistachios to it. Saute’ well and keep aside to normalize the temperature.
- Now in another hot pan with ghee, add vermicelli. Roast well and keep aside after it turns golden brown.
- In another wide pan simmer the milk till it thickens a bit, add sugar and simmer again.
- Add the roasted vermicelli and dry fruits along with dates and saffron. Your Kitchen is going to smell heavenly.
- Mix well till simmer. Add cardamom powder. Bring to simmer.
- Serve chilled, garnished with dried rose petals and 1 saffron strand each bowl.
Subscribe to our monthly Newsletter for more health and nutrition tips.
My22BMI is a digital healthcare startup addressing the problem of managing lifestyle diseases through personalised diet plans. My22BMI empower lives to eat healthy and smartly and believe food should be your first medicine. The expert health coaches provide personalised diet plans for heart health, gut health, skin & hair health, weight management, mother & child nutrition and hormonal health. To start on your Health Coaching, please register here- Register.