Immune System is the power of our body to prevent any infections, viruses, etc. and the power to fight back any infection or ailment that may take place in the body. It’s always important to remain healthy and keep your immune system boosted always, but it has taken an all-new respect during the testing times of unwanted viruses such as the Corona Virus.
It’s no brainer to say that a person or kid with a stronger Immune System & Gut Health is much more likely to have better chances of staying away from the disease and of survival if at all the virus gets you.
Boost your immune system with vitamin C, vitamin D, and zinc, to decrease the risk of catching the flu. Avoid feeling overwhelmed by acknowledging feelings of anxiety, and you will feel more emotionally stable.
Some precautions that can be taken to avoid the spread of infections and viruses.
Defend yourself and your children with powerful nutrients
The top three nutrients to ensure a strong immune system are vitamin C, zinc, and iron and Vitamin D. The benefits of vitamin C to boost immunity are well documented remind people to take it before the onset of cold or flu symptoms.
“Try to get your vitamin C in its natural form, unless you know you aren’t getting enough from dietary sources, such as citrus fruits such as oranges, grapefruit, and kiwis, as well as guava, bell peppers, and broccoli, are all good sources.
Zinc deficiency is associated with increased susceptibility to pneumonia and other infections in children and the elderly. To get enough zinc, she recommends eating eggs, poultry, fortified breakfast cereals, beans, chickpeas, and nuts (cashews and almonds). Or just take a good Zinc Supplement.
If you are getting enough zinc in your diet, then you are likely getting enough iron as the two are in a lot of common foods. “Vegetarians must make sure they eat the plant-based iron with vitamin C, which can enhance the absorption of plant-based iron.” Foods such as Bananas, Coconut, coconut water, Chickpeas, Millets, Whole grains, Avocados, Citrus fruits such as oranges, lemons, strawberries, etc. are important foods to include in the daily diet of kids to ensure high immunity in kids.
A good Vitamin D Supplement is a must for everyone to keep their levels on track these days. Go out in the early morning sunlight for vitamin D absorption.
Although, during the testing times of Covid19, it’s essential to include a daily supplement for kids as well as in parents for Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Zinc, and Iron.
When it comes to NUTRITION, nothing can beat the importance of eating naturally occurring foods without the use of any chemical substances. To manage that, avoid completely the packaged and processed foods available in the market. Avoid cheaply available Junk food in the Fast food stores. Depend entirely on Home cooked food, prepared with high-quality natural ingredients. It’s crucial, especially at times like these.
Apart from wearing a mask in crowded places, washing your hands and using hand sanitizer, what can we do to stay healthy – and calm – during the flu season, especially in the midst of a coronavirus outbreak?
- The need for a healthy diet, maintaining personal hygiene, and getting good rest to boost your immune system cannot be ignored.
- If you do feel unwell, see your doctor as soon as possible. “A rapid influenza test can give you a result in 15 minutes and quickly determine what you might have. Anti-viral drugs for the flu should be taken within 48 hours, so it’s important to see your GP promptly.”
- If you have a fever, after visiting the doctor, wait for at least 24 hours after the fever has subsided (without using fever-reducing medicine) to leave home. If a family member is ill, adjust the sleeping arrangements – as best you can – so that they don’t infect other household members.
- SOCIAL DISTANCING is the only way to reduce your chances of getting affected by the virus. Since it spreads with a direct contact of anyone carrying the infection, it becomes evident that people must keep a distance. Since no one knows the source and the virus is such that it doesn’t show symptoms straight away, a healthy person standing next to you might also be a carrier. Hence, the only way to prevent yourself is social distancing and staying at home.
- “Optimize everything that you can control – wash your hands, take care of your body, get enough sleep, eat nutritious food – and then you have no need to stress,.
Staying healthy and happy involves getting enough sleep and vitamins, and keeping your stress levels in check.
And remember, An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.