Pumpkin burfi is a delicious, gluten free and healthier Indian sweet recipe. It is simpe , quick and requires no pre-preparation which makes it a perfect to enjoy on festivals and holidays. Pumpkin burfi is a perfect healthy treat, with its orange color any one will be tempted to eat them. It is prepared with grated pumpkin (kaddu), Besan (chicpea flour), milk and Jaggery and flavored with cardamoms and saffron which gives this burfi an awesome flavor. No matter how health conscious you are, everybody needs a little dessert sometimes and you can definitely enjoy it at the times when sweet cravings kick in!
Now, lets get to the recipe!
- 1 Cup Chickpea flour (Besan)
- 1 Cup Grated pumpkin
- 1-1½ Cup Jaggery powder (Adjust as per your taste)
- ½ Cup Milk
- ¼ to ½ Cup Melted Ghee/Clarified Butter
- 1 teaspoon Green Cardamom Powder
- Sift Chickpea flour (besan). Add the flour in a pan and lightly roast it over low heat till you get a nice aroma.
- Add 1 Tsp ghee and sauté grated pumpkin separately for a few minutes in a pan to remove the raw smell.
- Now combine flour, sautéed pumpkin, milk and jaggery powder in a pan.
- Mix it well to ensure there are no lumps.
- Place the pan over medium heat and stir continuously for few minutes till the mixture starts to thicken.
- Now add the ghee, simmer the heat and stir for few more minutes.
- Now you’ll see it bubbling and ghee leaving on the sides.
- When it gets thicker, turn off the heat.
- Add cardamom powder and leave it to cool down.
- Transfer the content into the ghee greased plate and leave it for few minutes.
- When it is still warm, sprinkle musk melon seeds and some chopped cashews on top and cut it into square pieces.
Subscribe to our monthly Newsletter for more health and nutrition tips.
My22BMI is a digital healthcare startup addressing the problem of managing lifestyle diseases through personalised diet plans. My22BMI empower lives to eat healthy and smartly and believe food should be your first medicine. The expert health coaches provide personalised diet plans for heart health, gut health, skin & hair health, weight management, mother & child nutrition and hormonal health.