Have you ever thought of a homemade grain-free granola? My22BMI brings you a perfect recipe for grain-free granola.
Homemade granola is a healthy and tasty treat. The store-bought or packed granola is laden with sugar, preservatives, and unhealthy fats. This recipe in particular is the low-carb version of the traditional granola as it is grain-free granola. You get to pick the best quality ingredients for making granola at home, so you know exactly what’s going into making this one.
Once you have all the ingredients at hand, this won’t take too long to make.
Nuts and seeds are a good source of proteins and healthy fats, while cranberries are not only low in calories but also have high amounts of Vitamin C, A, and K. This power-packed recipe makes for a great breakfast, keeping you energetic and fuller for longer.
Total time: 30 minutes
Serving size: ¼ bowl
- 1 cup walnuts (halved)
- 1 cup almonds
- ½ cup pistachios
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup flax seeds
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup dried unsweetened cranberries (optional)
- 3 tbsp Stevia/honey
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence (optional)
- 1 tbsp cinnamon powder
- Preheat the oven to 150˚C/300˚ F. Cover a baking sheet or tray with a parchment paper.
- Roughly chop all the nuts with a knife or pulse it once or twice in a blender. Do not overdo it or it’ll become a meal.
- Mix all the chopped nuts, seeds, cranberries and coconut in a big bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together stevia/honey, coconut oil, vanilla essence and cinnamon powder.
- Pour this mixture over the seed mix and stir till everything is coated.
- Put it on the baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes. Stir and again bake for 5-7 mins till it is light golden brown.
- Put the baking sheet on a wire rack to cool and keep stirring till the granola is completely cool and hardened.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
- Serve with either skimmed milk or yogurt.
Note: You can add either stevia or honey depending on your preference. Granola with honey will have more calories as compared to the stevia version
Nutritive value (per serving):
Calories: 189 Kcal, Protein: 5 g, Fat: 17g, Carbs: 5g