Today’s recipe of healthy drink: Coconut Chia Seeds smoothie
Quench your thirst and fill your appetite with this healthy drink, all natural and easy to prepare drink recipe. It’s filled with goodness of fresh coconut and chia seeds, makes an excellent source good fats and proteins, meanwhile leaving one satisfied for a few hours. An excellent way to include those wholesome fats in one’s diet in the upcoming hot summers. When you don’t feel like munching it, then just drink it.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes; Serving Size: 4 servings
- 1 Fresh Coconut
- 2 Cup Water
- ¼ Tsp. Vanilla essence
- ½ Tsp. Sugar powder optional
- ½ Cup ice cubes
- 4 Tbsp. Chia Seeds
- Remove all the cob of the coconut and poke one of its eyes, also remove all the water from the coconut and save in a cup.
- Take out the flesh of the coconut from within and peel off all the brown skin, using a potato peeler.
- Put the pieces of coconut in a high-speed blender, along with 2 Cups of water and blend until smooth.
- Using a colander, separate all the fiber from the coconut milk.
- Add the vanilla essence and sugar powder to the Coconut Milk and stir well and then add the saved coconut water to the drink while using a colander, to remove impurities, if any.
- Further add two Tbsp. of Chia seeds to the drink and mix well.
- Serve in smoothie glasses, with ice cubes and topped with remaining of chia seeds.
Nutrition Value (per 200ml):
Calories: 334Kcal, Carbs: 15g, Fats: 28g Protein: 5g, Fiber: 13g, Sugar: 0.7g, Sodium: 7mg
My22BMI is a digital healthcare startup addressing the problem of managing lifestyle diseases through diet counselling & coaching. We empower lives to eat healthy and smartly. We believe food should be your first medicine.