Are you running out of healthy dessert option? Here we bring you a healthy dessert replacer – chocolate popcorn recipe.
Who doesn’t like popcorn while watching a movie or binge-watching their favorite show? But did you ever think that your favorite snack could replace your dessert? Homemade popcorn is really easy and a healthy snack to make. It’s inexpensive, easy to make, low- fat, and gluten-free. And when you add dark chocolate to this delicious snack, it also satiates your sweet craving. This recipe is low on calories as compared to a traditional dessert, making it a perfect snack for people who are watching their weight!
The coconut oil not only provides healthy fats but also keeps you feeling fuller for longer while the dark chocolate is an antioxidant-rich superfood! And the best part? It takes just 5 minutes to make!
Total time: 5-7 minutes
- ¼ cup (45g) popcorn kernels
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 50 g melted dark chocolate (85% cocoa)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon powder (optional)
- Put the popcorn kernels along with coconut oil in a pressure cooker or a big pot.
- Cover and cook over medium-high heat.
- Wait for a few seconds. Cook, shaking the pot occasionally until the popping slows down.
- Remove from heat and put in a serving bowl with a lid.
- Add the salt, cinnamon powder, and melted dark chocolate and shake well with the lid on till the popcorn is well coated.
- Enjoy hot!
Nutritive value (per serving):
Calories: 132 kcal, Protein: 1.5g, Fat: 7g, Carb: 9g
My22BMI is a digital healthcare startup addressing the problem of managing lifestyle diseases through diet counseling & coaching. We empower lives to eat healthily and smartly. We believe food should be your first medicine. To get started on your health journey, please fill up the details HERE and we will do the rest.