Besan cheela is a very common recipe in India. It is a great snacking or breakfast option. But what if we make it into a healthier and more filling recipe? This besan cheela wrap is a great on-the-go snack or meal. It can be packed in the tiffin for kids and adults alike and it gives wholesome nutrition just like a proper meal.
Besan/gram flour and paneer pack in the protein in this recipe. While the veggies add color as well as fiber and vitamins.
This besan cheela wrap recipe can be easily modified to include the vegetables that are already available in your kitchen. Paneer can be replaced with boiled eggs as well.
You can also sneak in some green leafy vegetables in the cheela batter and your kids won’t even know it’s there!
Total time: 20 minutes
For the wrap
- 1 cup Besan/ gram flour
- Salt to taste
- 5 glass water
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
For the stuffing:
- 2 medium-sized capsicum
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 cup grated carrot
- ½ cup grated paneer
- ½ teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Salt to taste
- Make the cheela batter by combining water with besan. Add the water gradually so that there are no lumps and you have control over the consistency. The consistency of the batter should be thin so that it is easy to spread.
- Now add the salt and turmeric powder. Mix well and keep the batter aside
- Slice the bell pepper. In a frying pan, add oil and sauté the ginger-garlic paste for a minute.
- Add the bell peppers, salt, and red chili powder. Sauté it for a minute and then cover for a while to soften it.
- Now add the grated carrot and paneer. Mix till everything is well combined.
- Keep this filling aside and prepare the cheela.
- Heat the tawa and put some oil. Spread the batter on the tawa as you would do for dosa. Let it cook thoroughly on both sides.
- Put a portion of the filling on one cheela and roll it like a wrap. Serve it with some homemade coriander chutney.
Nutritive value (per serving):
Calories: 435 kcal, Protein: 23g, Fat: 20g, Carb: 40g
My22BMI is a digital healthcare startup addressing the problem of managing lifestyle diseases through diet counseling & coaching. We empower lives to eat healthily and smartly. We believe food should be your first medicine. To get started on your health journey, please fill-up the details HERE and we will do the rest.