Apple cider vinegar (ACV) is a vinegar made from apples, sugar and yeast. ACV is used in salad dressings, marinades, vinaigrettes, food preservatives, and chutneys. It is made by crushing apples and squeezing out the liquid.
Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar:
Apple cider vinegar is said to have many benefits. It also has a long history as a home remedy, used to treat many health issues.
1. Weight loss: Many researches have claimed that having ACV along with or before the meals increases the feeling of fullness thereby leading to a consumption of fewer calories. This invariably leads to weight loss.
2. Lower cholesterol levels: consumption of apple cider vinegar can reduce the LDL (Bad cholesterol), triglyceride, and cholesterol levels in patients with hyperlipidemia (high cholesterol). Also, because high cholesterol level is a risk factor for many heart related ailments, so ACV can in fact help in the prevention of all these ailments.
3. Managing blood sugar levels: The American Diabetes Foundation has found that taking ACV before meals reduced insulin and glucose spikes that occur after meals.
4. Reduces Fatigue: ACV has he ability to neutralize the build-up of lactic acid that occurs after workout or stress. Researchers believe that regular use of ACV can help combat fatigue.
5. Allergies and cold: ACV has anti-inflammatory properties and Vitamin C. Both of these are known to be effective against allergic symptoms and cold.
6. Healthy skin: Healthy skin starts with a healthy gut. Raw ACV has abundance of beneficial bacteria which promotes intestinal balance. ACV also helps to balance your body’s pH and transition it into a more alkaline state. These properties help release toxins and keeps the skin clear.
7. Arthritis: ACV is loaded with magnesium, potassium and anti-inflammatory properties which can help relieve the pain and inflammation in arthritis.
8. Antioxidant effect: According to research, ACV induces a protective effect against erythrocyte, kidney, and liver oxidative injury, and lowered the serum lipid levels suggesting that it possesses oxidative stress scavenging effects, inhibits lipid peroxidation, and increases the levels of antioxidant enzymes and vitamin.
Ways to consume Apple Cider Vinegar
- For regulating blood sugar levels: Dilute 1-2 tablespoons ACV in 250 ml water and have it before each meal.
- For weight loss: Mix 1-2 tablespoons of ACV in half a glass of water and drink every morning on an empty stomach. Non-diabetics can add a teaspoon of honey if the taste is too sour or pungent for liking.
- For cold and allergies: Combine 1/4 cup each of hot water and ACV in a mug. Then add one-fourth teaspoon of black pepper powder, fresh juice of 1 lemon and 1 tablespoon of honey in it. Stir well and drink it by taking a deep breath of this mix.
Note: Each individual may react differently to different foods. Check your tolerance before consuming it regularly
My22BMI is a digital healthcare startup addressing the problem of managing lifestyle diseases through diet counseling & coaching. We empower lives to eat healthy and smartly. We believe food should be your first medicine. To get started on your health journey, please fill up details HERE and we will do the rest.