Smart Eating- Preparing your food well in advance and ahead of time is the best way to avoid last minute rush. Also, it helps you think and get organized for your daily nutrition requirements. So, to avoid any last-minute binging on unhealthy options to satisfy your morning hunger, we bring to you these super nutritious breakfast recipes, which are not only good for you but also taste well, even when cooked in advance.
Veggie Paneer Masala Mini Frittatas
This veggie spicy version of frittatas is so yummy and a perfect nutritious breakfast option. The combination of spinach, paneer, corn and cheese blended with aromatic spices, makes it a recipe to die for. The best thing being, that these can be prepared in advance and consumed later, still tasting as nice and fresh. Just throw a couple of frittatas in the microwave for a minute and enjoy these yummy minis on your BF table or on the go. A glass of fresh Juice or smoothie goes very well with these.
Preparation Time- 10 minutes Cooking Time- 20 minutes
Serving Size- Serves 4, makes 8 frittatas
Type- Vegetarian, Contains Eggs
Energy- 315 K Cal
Proteins- 16.3 g
Fat- 25 g
Carbohydrates- 4.63 g
Total Dietary Fiber- .3 g
Sugar- 1.39 g
Sodium- 629 mg
Ingredients for the Recipe:
- Large eggs 6
- Heavy cream 1/3 Cup
- Paneer cubed into small pieces 1 Cup
- Spinach finely chopped 1/4 Cup
- Sweet Corn 1/4 Cup
- Shredded Cheddar cheese 1/3 Cup or cheese of your choice
- Salt ½ Tsp.
- Red Chilli Powder 1/4 Tsp.
- Chopped Green Chillies 1 Tbsp.(Optional)
- Garam Masala 1/2Tsp.
-Preheat oven to 350F. Grease muffin tray nicely with oil.
– In a large mixing bowl, mix together eggs and cream until well combined.
-Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
-Spoon batter into the prepared muffin tray, about 3/4 full. Transfer muffin tray to oven and bake for 18 to 20 minutes. Transfer muffin tray to a wire rack and let cool completely.
-Use a butter knife to run around the edges of the frittatas to release them from the muffin tray.
-The frittatas can be refrigerated to be used in the morning for a nutritious breakfast. Reheat in microwave before serving.
My22BMI Tip– Make a big Batch of these yummy Masala frittatas and enjoy a healthy, delicious and nutritious breakfast in those busy mornings.
Potato and veggie Pancakes with Greek Yogurt
Pancakes are a breakfast favourite in many cuisines. Adding these veggies to the mix, makes them a fulfilling and nutritious breakfast option. A great way to feed more veggies to the fussy eaters. A big batch of these can be cooked in advance and consumed later, still tasting as yummy as they should. Warm these in the microwave or over the stove, in a pan and enjoy with yummy and nutritious greek yogurt.
Preparation Time- 20 minutes Cooking Time- 10 minutes
Serving Size- 4 servings, 12 pancakes
Energy- 360.5 K Cal
Proteins- 20 g
Fats- 5.8 g
Carbohydrates- 53 g
Total Dietary Fiber- 6.5 g
Sugar- 9.65 g
Sodium- 140 mg
Ingredients for the Veggie Pancakes
- Large Potatoes, finely grated 2
- Large Carrots, finely grated 3
- Green Onions, finely chopped 6
- Coriander leaves, finely chopped 2 Tbsp.
- ¼ Cup Toned Milk
- Eggs 2, lightly beaten
- Besan (Chickpea Flour) 3 Tbsp.
- Maida (All-purpose Flour) 3 Tbsp.
- Green Chilies, finely chopped 2(Optional)
- Ground Cumin 1 Tsp.
- Salt 1 Tsp.
- Black Pepper 1/4 Tsp.
- Garam Masala 1 Tsp.
- Sour Cream/Greek Yogurt 2 Cup
-Rinse grated potato in cold water, squeeze out as much liquid as possible & pat dry.
-Combine all veggies (potatoes, carrots, green onions, coriander leaves and green chilies). Add salt, pepper, ground cumin, garam masala in given quantities & mix well.
– Add milk and lightly beaten eggs to the mixture and mix well. Now, add the besan and maida is given quantities and mix thoroughly. The mixture will be slightly runny but once cooked, the pancakes will come out nice and crispy.
-Drop 2 tablespoons of mixture for each pancake into a large, lightly greased, non-stick frying pan & cook over med-heat for about 5 min on each side or until golden brown & carrot is tender. Repeat cooking process for remainder of mixture.
– Microwave for a minute to reheat before serving. Serve with ½ cup of sour cream or plain greek yogurt.
My22BMI Tip- Make a big batch of these and enjoy a fulfilling and nutritious breakfast and enjoy hassle free mornings.
Homemade Granola Parfait with Strawberries
Granola tops the list of the most popular, easy and nutritious breakfast options. However, no granola tastes better than a homemade one. The inclusion of all healthy ingredients, such as coconut oil, honey, almonds, flax seeds, makes it a granola recipe that is so good for you. Make a big batch of granola at home and say goodbye to all the unhealthy, sugar loaded granolas from the market. Arrange this homemade granola in layers with these yummy ingredients and have the most yummy and complete Granola Parfait breakfast, without any hassle.
Preparation Time- 15 minutes Cooking Time-
Serving Size- A huge batch of Granola to be stored for future
Type- Vegetarian, contains dairy and nuts
Energy- 399 K Cal
Proteins- 21.5 g
Fats- 46.5 g
Carbohydrates- 55.3 g
Total Dietary Fiber- 9.3 g
Sugar- 25.75 g
Sodium- 44.2 mg
Ingredients for the Parfait
- Uncooked old fashioned/rolled out Oats 6 Cups
- Sliced Almonds 2 Cups
- Shredded Coconut 1 Cup
- Roasted and Salted Pumpkin seeds/sunflower seeds 1 Cup
- Flax seeds 1 Tbsp.
- Melted coconut Oil 1 Cup
- Honey 1 Cup
- Plain Greek Yogurt ½ Cup for one serving
- Raspberries 6 per serving of parfait(Optional)
- Strawberries sliced into halves 6 per serving of parfait
- Chopped dark chocolate, optional 2 Tsp. per serving of Parfait
- Mix first five ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Melt your coconut oil in a small bowl in the microwave (about 30 seconds to 1 minute). Add the honey and mix. Pour over oat mixture and stir.
- Pour on a cookie sheet and spread into an even layer.
- Bake at 170 degrees for about 15 minutes, then stir it and let bake for another 10-15 minutes, until golden brown. (Your kitchen is going to smell SO GOOD!!)
- Let granola cool. Store in an airtight container. (FYI – makes many servings of granola)
- When ready to assemble, place yogurt in bottom of glass. Add a layer of granola, then chopped dark chocolate, then berries and repeat the same for second layer. Dig in and enjoy!
Subscribe to our monthly Newsletter for more health and nutrition tips.
My22BMI is a digital healthcare startup addressing the problem of managing lifestyle diseases through personalised diet plans. My22BMI empower lives to eat healthy and smartly and believe food should be your first medicine. The expert health coaches provide personalised diet plans for heart health, gut health, skin & hair health, weight management, mother & child nutrition and hormonal health. Download our Android app from the Google playstore.